Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fun 4th of July Food!

We're getting close to one of my favorite holiday's.  The 4th of July is just a few days away and I've started planning some the fun food I'd like to do for the fam.  I found this awesome idea on Living Locutro (an online blog that I follow) for dipped strawberries and knew they had to be on the menu while we're in Indiana for the festivities.  They are super easy, too.  All you have to do is dip the end of the berry in white chocolate candy melts then dip the tip in blue sugar.

How cute are these "flag" strawberries?!  I can hardly wait to try them.  All you need to do them yourself is:

- Strawberries
- 1 bag of white candy melts (or white chocolate chips or almond bark - follow directions on pkg. for melting).
- Blue sugar (you can make your own colored sugars by putting sugar in a baggie, adding a couple of drops of food coloring, and shaking until all sugar has been colored).

They could also be done in school colors for school parties, pink & blue for baby showers, wedding colors for bridal showers...the possibilities are endless.

Eat, pray, love,

Brigette

No comments:

Post a Comment