Wednesday, June 22, 2011

The Help...The movie!

I am so excited that they have made the book The Help into a movie.  I loved the book and can't wait to see it come alive on the big screen.  If you haven't read it or are looking for a great read for the summer...check it out.  And I mean literally check it out...I use my library all of the time.  I can access every book they have (and most others in the Chicagoland area) right from my computer.  I put it on hold and they send me an email when it's ready to be picked up.  It's literally the world at your fingertips!

Here's a little bit more about The Help...
The Help by Kathryn Stockett
"At the outset of the civil rights movement in Jackson, Mississippi, three unique women unite to share the stories of dozens of the city's black servants, who have been kept voiceless for too long. Skeeter is fresh home from college, with big dreams of becoming a journalist, though her mother just wants her to find a husband. Aibileen, a black maid, is the heart and soul of her household, now working on raising her seventeenth white child. Her best friend Minnie, is the best cook in the city, but can not find a job because of her tendency to speak the cold truth. Together, these three unforgettable ladies launch a crusade to collect the stories of the town's silent servants, and try to tear down the unspoken racial barriers that traverse the homes and hearts of everyone in Jackson."
Brigette

No comments:

Post a Comment