Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Grilled Pizza!?!

It was so hot today and I knew I did not want to turn on the oven…but wanted pizza for dinner.  So, I thought why not sure the grill as the oven.  I use it as an “oven” to make my Apple Pork Tenderloin, why not pizza?  

All I did was heat the grill like normal and then made the pizza on a piece of foil (spray with cooking spray to avoid sticking) on a cookie sheet for easy transport/transfer.  I, of course, made my crust from the fabulously, delicious Wildtree Pizza Crust mix and my sauce from the Wildtree Pizza Sauce mix ahead of time so it was all ready to go when I was ready to “bake” the pizza.  (I sell Wildtree so I’m going to add my own little ad/link here…www.mywildtree.com/brigette…if you haven’t tried it, you should – it is amazing stuff to help make meal time easy & healthy!)  Once I topped it with my toppings, I slid it off the cookie sheet onto the grill, which I turned down to low, and shut the lid.  After 10 mins. I checked it and found this beautiful, bubbly, cheesy pizza ready to be devoured.  I simply pulled the foil off the grill (with tongs) onto the cookie sheet and we were ready to enjoy!


Before

After

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed a pizza without heating up the house with the oven.  We can hardly wait for grilled pizza night again!

Eat, pray, love always!

Brigette

1 comment: