Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Review of Farberware Spiraletti...Fruit & Vegetable Slicer

A few weeks ago I was notified by Taste of Home that a kitchen gadget was being sent to me for an honest Volunteer Field Editor review of the product.  Shortly after being notified, the Farberware Spiraletti showed up at my door. How fun is that?!

Because it was a crazy week with work and kids when it came, I had to wait before I could set it up and play with it...I mean use it and provide my honest review.  (I LOVE kitchen gadgets...it always seems like I get to play when I get a new one.)

Finally the time came, and I could try out the Farberware Spiraletti.  (Who else hears VegoMatic 3000 in their head when they say the real name?  Ok, maybe it's just me.)

Anywhooo...

I got it out and set it up, which was very easy...it comes setup essentially.  I quickly realized it was designed more for left-handed people if placed with the cutting blades and what appeared to be the "front" facing towards me.


So I just turned it around, stuck it to the counter (with the amazingly strong suction cups that are on the bottom for stability - which is a huge plus in my opinion), peeled a sweet potato, put in the Thick Spiral blade (green), put the sweet potato into position, started cranking with my right hand and using the Push Handle with my left (takes a little coordination, but easy to figure out quickly), and abracadabra...beautiful, orange spirally ribbons of sweet potato...SUCCESS!

I actually couldn't believe how easy and fast it all went once I got in my spiralizing groove.  I have used a handheld version in the past, and while I have had success with it as well, it is very messy and very time consuming.  It's also very picky about what it will spiralize and what it won't.


Aren't those orange ribbons of sweet potato gorgeous?  I think they are real beauts.  I did zucchini with the green and orange blades as well and had the same success.



Now let's talk about cleanup.  It cleans up like a champ. I essentially rinsed each part, dunked them in soapy water, rinsed again, and let air dry.  Done!

So, in a nut shell...I loved it...I will use it over and over again...I will give it a great review...and...I will be giving it as a birthday gift to my sister (ssshhhh...don't tell her).

And I think you should give it as a gift, too!  (Here's an Amazon.com link to make it easier for you... https://www.amazon.com/Farberware-Spiraletti-Spiral-Vegetable-Colored/dp/B0176B90JW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1474390745&sr=8-1&keywords=faberware+spiraletti)

Eat, pray, love,

Brigette









1 comment:

  1. there are additionally a few organizations which gives free specimens.picador de verduras

    ReplyDelete