Friday, August 19, 2011

Shake It Up!

I've been a fan of Martha Stewart's clever ideas for several years (I have friends that still call me Martha), so when I find a really fun one I have to share it with my peeps.  It also involves another thing that I love...eating alfresco (picnics, cookouts, potlucks, and anything that involves getting together with a bunch of friends and family and eating).

With this little gem of an idea though, the kids get to help with the "work" and enjoy the results.  It's homemade whipped cream without a mixer...that's right - no mixer!

Shake It Up Whipped Cream (my version of the name)


Before you leave for your outing, put 3/4 cup heavy cream and 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar in a 1-quart airtight container. You'll "whip" the cream when you're ready to serve it.

Now here is the fun part!   At your outing, kids (big & small) can take turns shaking the container of cream and confectioners' sugar vigorously (two to four minutes), until the mixture is thick and fluffy. Don't shake it too early, or it will deflate before you serve it. Spoon fruit into cones (another awesome idea - no bowls need to serve), and top with a dollop of cream.

How easy is that?!  And you don't have to skip the good stuff just because you're not at home.
Eat, pray, love,

Brigette



As much as I would like to take full credit for this, I can't...read more at Marthastewart.com: Beach Ideas, Gardening Projects, Vacation Crafts, and Relaxing Ideas - Martha Stewart .

No comments:

Post a Comment